Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The azaleas are in bloom...





When I was a little girl, my mother would dress my sisters and me in some darling spring attire and drive us to our Mema's
house to take pictures in her famous azaleas bushes when in bloom...so Mema and mom...this first picture post is a tribute to you. As you might be able to tell, the azaleas are in bloom both hither and yon--at our house and my moms...I am quite pleased because I was told that azaleas would not grow in the non-acidic soil we have here in Bryan, TX. However, despite discouraging remarks...our plants have produced, our soil has succeeded and I was not going to miss out on capturing the lovely blooms with my lovely child nestled in the middle of all the beautiful foliage! I couldn't choose just one...narrowing it down from the literal 20 was most difficult...so you get to pick your favorite. 



  

6 comments:

TheLudlows said...

The azaleas look great! Welcome to the blog world!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am thrilled that you have jumped on the band wagon! And my oh my has your baby grown...not such a baby anymore! He is so precious. Wish we could be there to dig in the dirt and take wagon rides with y'all! We miss you and hope all is well! Welcome to the blogging world!

Beverly said...

He's a cutie! Beverly

Dan1Jess said...

I am a little jealous that you learned to Blog. Maybe I too should join the Blog World. Mac is such a handsome big boy. Hope to see you soon. Love you all. Jess

Averitts said...

Yay!!! McGregor is so big...and precious. I think he looks like a little Bonnie...but manly. :) Welcome to the blog world!!!

Crystal said...

It's about time! Welcome to the club. McGregor is such a little man.